Monday, May 14, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Herb Quinoa Cakes

We are really trying to eat healthier in our house. We were pretty healthy eaters before, but I've just been trying to step it up a bit. We've also set a goal to have at least one meatless night. So, we've declared Mondays as "Meatless Mondays."  We both love quinoa, and when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it. I only made a few small changes to fit our likes, and the results were amazing. We devoured these things.


2 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup dry)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine everything except for the quinoa. Fold in the quinoa and mix until combined. Form mixture into patties (it gets sticky, so I sprayed my hands with non-stick olive oil spray). Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add quinoa cakes and cook until golden brown on each side. 

*Don't flip too soon or your cakes will crumble!

You can even make the mixture ahead of time, and keep in the fridge until you are ready to use them. They are the perfect healthy weeknight meal!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you tried these and liked them! Now I'll be brave enough to try!

    ReplyDelete