Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This is my first "Thankful" post, but I'm feeling very thankful and blessed right now. Something wonderful happened yesterday, and it just made me realize all of the blessings God has given me. 
There are so many, but here are my top 5...

1. My Husband
He is amazing. For the last year (or more) he has been working so hard studying for the CFP, which he takes next month. I am in awe at his dedication. Even through all the studying, he still manages to squeeze in some "family time" with Birdie and me every night. I love him so much. 
Here he is in his two favorite places: charleston marshes fishing and montana





2. My BFF Katie
You know those people who put everyone ahead of themselves, selflessly? This is Katie. She has the kindest heart of anyone I know. She has been through so much lately, and she perseveres, putting her faith in the Lord. She has another tough year ahead of her, but in true Katie-spirit, she always sees the positive. I am so happy I met her in the lay-up line at JV basketball try-outs in the 7th grade! Couldn't imagine my life if I hadn't!
Back where it all began. 
Secret handshake.

Awkward sophomore prom picture. One of those..."I don't know what to do with my hands" pics. 
Junior year powder puff with our moms.

More recent at a USC game.

3.  Lucy
I love my niece. Not only is she an absolutely beautiful little girl, but she is the sweetest. I think she loves me, too. Last week when I stopped by for a visit, she actually CRIED when I left! While it broke my heart (literally--my eyes were tearing up, too), it kind of made me feel awesome. She loves her CiCi, but not as much as I love her!


Add caption
Such a miss priss in her tutu and pearls.


4.  Birdie
 I. Love. My. Dog. To the point of obsession. She's adorable. She's fluffy. She's soft. She's cuddly. She oddly smells good. She's sweet. She's funny. And she does this cute little butt wiggle-growly thing when she's excited to see someone. Also, she hates that freescore.com commercial with the guy in the hockey mask. She growls her little heart out when he comes on the screen. She's even been known to leave the room. She is our daughter.
Birdie's first day home.

sleepy pup
a recent pic of my daughter :)


5.  My Students
Sure, I complain big time about my job. But, every now and then, I am reminded why I do what I do. Here are few notes/pictures that my sweet third graders have given me this year.

Yep, this is me as a mermaid.

Yay! He learned something! That IS an opinion!



I have a sweet new 'do. And I changed my last name.

Of course, these aren't the only things that I am thankful for, but right now these 5 are at the top.

So, this was by far my longest post. Hope you didn't fall asleep!

What are you thankful for today?




2 comments:

  1. aw this is a very sweet post. what kind of dog is birdie? she is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am crying---thank you for being there yesterday. It meant so much to my Dad and it helped me stay even stronger. Yesterday was just an amazing day. I love you! and I love your blog! I still want you to help me make those awesome cookies with whipped cream in them.haha Katie

    ReplyDelete